WBD 011 - Interview with Desiree Dickerson
Download Episode MP3 File
The file will open in new window. Click down arrow to download the file.
Twitter and specifically Crypto Twitter is a great place to network, learn and debate the critical issues around the Crypto space. Desiree is someone I connected with a while back, and outside of Crypto and blockchain, we discovered we have a mutual love of the hardcore punk music scene.
After Desiree became the victim of a wholly disgusting Twitter troll, who cloned her account and starting harassing her friends and others on Twitter, I wanted to meet with her and discuss this. I wanted to understand the impact that something like this would have on someone and Desiree was very open about this. It was also eye-opening to see the poor response by Twitter in reporting the account, where they did not consider it to be harassment, but a parody account.
We don't only discuss the harassment; we also talked about the important work Desiree is doing in the blockchain space, specifically with regards to the work she is doing at Women for Women International and various issues in the Crypto space such as the role of the state.
SUPPORT THE SHOW
If you enjoy The What Bitcoin Did Podcast you can help support the show my doing the following:
- Subscribe on iTunes | Spotify | Soundcloud | YouTube | Stitcher | TuneIn
- Leave a review on iTunes
- Share the show and episodes with your friends and family
- Subscribe to the newsletter on my website
- Follow me on Twitter | Instagram | Medium
Connect with Desiree:
BREAKDOWN OF THE SHOW
- 00.00.00 Intro
- 00.04.37 Desiree's background
- 00.07.52 Understanding of what Blockchain is within traditional organisations
- 00.09.18 Opportunities to use the blockchain within organisations and non profits
- 00.12.58 Role at Women for Women International
- 00.18.11 Investing in Crypto and current market thoughts
- 00.20.06 How Desiree became harassed on Twitter
- 00.28.03 The response from Twitter
- 00.37.31 Confidence in the sector
- 00.39.30 A future where we own our data
- 00.45.49 Free choice and state control
- 00.58.32 How to stay in touch with Desiree